Question Posted By: FLHS1200 on 7-21-2007
Back to Questions
|Make of Bike:
|Model of Bike
|Year of Bike
|Other info on Bike
||Stator plug is FUBAR, gonna replace the stator while in there.
|What's your question?
||Is there a good upgrade for the stator? I only run a headlight and tail light. Is a molded or unmolded better?
- ya run the same stator for 27 years and you want a better one? By: Mark_Goff on: 7-25-2007
- Thanx for reenforcing the first thought I had,just thought I'd run it past some of you guys for opinions.Guess its off to the Harley dealer, God I hate the knuckleheads that work there anymore.Fucken morons had to look up a part # for my rubberbands, after I explained what they are. By: FLHS1200 on: 7-27-2007
- You sure your 1980 isn't an 80 inch? What are the first 2 numbers on your VIN? 5H?
Hardly any dealerships speak Shovelhead anymore. If you plan on keeping your Shovel...invest in your own parts book. That way you can give them the correct part number to order parts that you can't find at your local indy shop.
As to the stator...I'd just replace it with another OEM stator and clean & check your rotor for any loose magnets. By: 47Knuckle-Dragger on: 7-28-2007
- Thanx for the tip about the magnets. First two are"2A" they apparently stuffed 1200s in the FLH Sport til '81 to lose some inventory.From what I've seen, they were the only model w/ out the 80" since '78. I have the FSM for the shovel. From the few dealings I've had at the local H-D shop here lately, I doubt the counter people speak Evo either,prolly dont even ride. They give you that same blank stare as you get at Autozone when you ask them somethin. Just chasin part #s not havin a clue what the parts are. By: FLHS1200 on: 7-28-2007
- "First two are "2A" they apparently stuffed 1200s in the FLH Sport til '81 to lose some inventory."
You're right, 2A is a 74 cubic inch. H-D did the same thing with the brass Linkert carburetor. They bought so many of them they ran 'em for 28 years to deplete the inventory. Anyway, 6 extra inches isn't that much...unless you're applying to be a porn star!
As to the connection between the stator and the regulator/rectifier...you probably hold the Guinness Book of World Records for it lasting that long. By: 47Knuckle-Dragger on: 7-29-2007
- Spyke makes a good kit stator rotor and voltage regulator By: hessianbd on: 8-9-2007
- fcjjqck hd sex video eovlmfz [url=http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/macobarb/]teen hd tube[/url] d http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/zizacork/ wveebog hd porn.com cecik [url=http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/tisolivy/]videos xxx en hd[/url] oftiz http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/vijipunk/ dxsknys free porno movies hd mvup [url=http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/leqaburn/]xxx videos hd[/url] guxe http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/leqaburn/ m hd porn ihf [url=http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/jehuzone/]hd porn free[/url] smq http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/futerave/ By: Guest on: 2-27-2011