Question Posted By: Slyde on 11-26-2007
Back to Questions
|Make of Bike:
|Model of Bike
|Year of Bike
|Other info on Bike
||Stage 1 ECM, PCIII
|What's your question?
||I have a 2000 Ultra and it runs rough at idle, especially when it's cold, I have to milk the throttle until the IAC can keep the bike running. After it warms up, it runs better but when you crack the throttle, it stalls then revs. I have access to a Scanalyzer until t'morrow. Nothing is showing up on the Scanner, no codes etc, nothing on active diagnostic either. Does anyone know if I can have the bike running and use the Scanner? Maybe that would show other parameters?
Thanks in advance,
- Since you have the PCIII I'd say your best bet is to use an exhaust analyzer and set your PCIII accordingly.
Your EFI has sensors that poll the temperature and set the A/F mixture. When they're run through a predetermined map they can be set to any cofiguration. I think a Stage I is set for an 88 c. in. Most run the ECM download that's set for the 95 cu. in.
I think you need to go to someone who knows what the fuck they're doing with setting the PCIII. All that computer shit is over MY head. By: 47Knuckle-Dragger on: 11-27-2007
- Thanks for the answer 47KD. I've had it dyno'd already to tune the PCIII, it ran great until about a month ago, now i'm trying to figure out what happened... By: Slyde on: 11-27-2007
- Id check your VOES sensor . Same thing happend to my buds scoot , Chec to see if your vaccum line is not dry rotted and sucking air . By: Fathead1 on: 11-27-2007
- It could be a fuel pressure problem. One of the fuel lines in the tank routes over a sharp corner and can wear a hole over time. Turn the ignition on, then the run/stop switch and listen for fuel spraying inside the tank after the pump stops running. By: Chrash on: 11-29-2007
- Thanks for the tips, I'm tryin to rig a fuel pressure tester today. Pain in the ass with the quick disconnects. By: Slyde on: 12-1-2007