Question Posted By: FMF_Doc on 7-17-2006
Back to Questions
|Make of Bike:
|Model of Bike
|Year of Bike
|Other info on Bike
|What's your question?
||Pitting rust on wheels and Triple tree
|| 80 spoke wheels have pitting rust. Can they be saved or should I blast 'em and powder coat? Also cheap ass triple tree is popping chrome plating from the inside out. Any help appreciated! Respect to those that deserve it. Doc
- normal in Louisiana, chrome just don't last here in the humidity regardless of how much polish you use.
Wheels were another issue here for awhile until someone figured out all the people with dogs had dogs pissing on the wheels
I have taken to clear coating chrome, it works better than polishinhg and waxing. It will yellow a bit but you will not get the pitting or flaking.
I have had exhaust pieces that I bought then took about six months to put on and had ythem flake off the chrome in a building that has heat and air. By: Mark_Goff on: 7-17-2006
- We have similar problems here in SC. I'd sure like to clean the wheels up somehow. Triple tree is bubbling up under the chrome! Respects Doc By: FMF_Doc on: 7-19-2006
- You store, drive, live or all of the above in an area that has a salt spray atomized in the air. Simple terms, when the dew do set on your ride, it brings a fine misting of salt. Likely near the ocean. You should try using a spray & shine like Harley made. This was originaly sold by Honda then I almost think I got Harley to market the same contents and can under the Harley name. Spray the whole bike full of the shit, glass, chrome, paint, rubber, plastics, etc., etc. Rub in, then polish dry. After repeated use it builds up a protective layer and adds some resistence to the saline problem. One problem, I went to buy a couple cans and was told, the good ole fed pulled it all off the shelves in at least New England. So, I hear you can get it in other areas. Failing, go to the Honda hardware and buy it. Hint, go in cognito !!! PS this is based on good chrome. Sounds like you gotta try to restore the chrome first.
Bomber By: Bomber_Bob on: 7-28-2006
- Thanks for the tip! I'll look for some. Respects By: FMF_Doc on: 7-30-2006
- http://www.freewebsite-service.com/newscheaper/where find cheaper wowruler at crazyraid.com
[url=http://baishilistanhei.tumblr.com/]how to cheaper Diablo 3 Gold Cheap[/url] By: Guest on: 11-21-2012