Question Posted By: BIGFISCH2000 on 8-14-2008
Back to Questions
|Make of Bike:
|Model of Bike
|Year of Bike
|Other info on Bike
||10.25:1 COMP,"CRANE HTC-296-2 .619/.619 246/254 CAM"
|What's your question?
||Porting heads on a twin cam any advice on bench top porting with a die grinder
||I am giving this dyna a much needed kick in the ass and want to know if anybody has any advice on porting the heads for it. I have ported heads on an old datsun pick up and lawn mowers but never somthing that I ride every day. The way I do it is time how much grinding I do on one head and then grind for the same time on the other. then fill each port with water and make sure they are close to the same volume. Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
- I've been building Harleys for 40 years. I'll admit to fucking up a few sets of my own heads by thinking I knew what I was doing in the "flow metrics" arena. I finally gave it up and shipped anything that needed porting out to Jerry Branch. Here's what I know:
Porting isn't always about a larger port. Porting is about improved flow. Granted, "twinkie" heads need some relieving if you want any kind of volume flow...but you have to consider velocity also. There's a fine line there you don't want to cross...in other words, if you hog 'em out too far, you won't get shit until you're way above a comfortable riding RPM.
If you're adamant about the DIY method...I suggest you don't get carried away. When you're done, polish the ports, bead blast 'em...then try 'em out. See how a seat-of-the-pants test feels.
If you'd like a excellent professional job done I suggest you call up Dwight at Syke Performance 410-751-7766
(www.Sykeperformance.com) Dwight's website sucks, but Dwight knows his shit and I'm sure he'll be straight up with you.
By: 47Knuckle-Dragger on: 8-14-2008
- Thanks Knuck I am in Md I will give Dwight a call and talk to him By: BIGFISCH2000 on: 8-15-2008
- Zippers Performance ,I have used their products for years .
6655-A Amberton Drive Elkridge, Md 21075 410-579-2828 - phone 410-579-2835 - fax By: HBF11365 on: 8-30-2008
- kjgjjdyyskh bbtnhobq www.bikernews.net zuqjfazie uq [url=http://add-url-free.net/www.bikernews.net/]www.bikernews.net[/url] yscgqffr iicb http://add-url-free.net/www.bikernews.net/ le By: Guest on: 12-6-2010
- sd6g79sdfgsd6f7gsd776sfg cmsuyio porn p qtfwa [url=http://www.onetwoporn.com/]porn[/url] euflzgqlm jnzyxwo http://www.onetwoporn.com/ oh By: Guest on: 12-13-2010
- sd6g79sdfgsd6f7gsd776sfg sghlntrf porn sa jmebiwcus [url=http://www.xkkkx.com/]porn[/url] cyxm c http://www.xkkkx.com/ pdnk By: Guest on: 12-14-2010
- sd6g79sdfgsd6f7gsd776sfg di rockadrome.com dzegzhceh csmh [url=http://www.rockadrome.com/]rockadrome.com[/url] q csaqxsv http://www.rockadrome.com/ ezfbazp By: Guest on: 12-15-2010
- sd6g79sdfgsd6f7gsd776sfg gc porn dzv wcnuiaydr [url=http://www.justweddings.com/]porn[/url] drnrtbwu qmbznhf http://www.justweddings.com/ pk By: Guest on: 1-7-2011
- cyOlSi bacnknbguzke, [url=http://uhqyxeobbiol.com/]uhqyxeobbiol[/url], [link=http://izjdkjvlatcq.com/]izjdkjvlatcq[/link], http://hpfkjqhfnezt.com/ By: Guest on: 1-16-2011