Question Posted By: Guest on 4-16-2009
Back to Questions
|Make of Bike:
||dyna super glide
|Model of Bike
|Year of Bike
|Other info on Bike
|What's your question?
||when coming to a stop bike sometimes dies any suggestions
- Let's be a little more constructive in our responses (Guest).
True, it could be a clutch cable adjustment that's needed.
Does it shift into neutral easily? Does it want to pull when in gear and the clutch lever is bottomed out on the grip?
If not, then it may be fuel delivery. A quick stop at any place that knows how to use an EGA (exhaust gas analyzer) will tell you your A/F mixture at idle. Rather it's mix at idle, or the mechanical adjustment. Sometimes it's even shit gas.
By: 47Knuckle-Dragger on: 4-16-2009
- I have read that is a 1st indication sign of a bad delivery hose from gas tank. you do not need to replace pump to replace hose, just the hose. By: wingman on: 4-18-2009
- "buy a extyent4ed vwarraty"
WTF is a 'extyent4ed vwarraty'? Skipped too many school days, did you?
By: 47Knuckle-Dragger on: 4-19-2009
- I have a 04 superglide with the same problem. It only does it when I come to a stop after a few miles on the highway. She also throws a 1357/1358 alot, but has never had a miss (at least I have never noticed a miss)
So far I have thrown a coil, fuel line, and a few sensors at it. I have checked the voltage and draw on the battery across the rpm range, stopped using "NGK" plugs (that slowed the 1375/1358 codes, but has not stopped them), fuel psi is fine even when it happens.
After doing a little homework, I am starting to think it is the stage 1 map. I should have the coin to work on that in a couple of months, going to put a thunder module (around 1000$) on her. I will post anything I find out.
I have noticed that if you shut the motor down and restart before you get to a stop sign it wont do it. As of right now, I just treat it like a cold shovelhead, keep throttling it. By: Jinx on: 5-26-2009
- Ppl like you get all the brains. I just get to say thanks for he awnser. By: Guest on: 8-7-2011