Question Posted By: grizzly08 on 3-22-2010
Back to Questions
|Make of Bike:
|Model of Bike
|Year of Bike
|Other info on Bike
||Electronic Fuel injection. Electronic throttle
|What's your question?
||What are a good sounding set of slip on pipes. What else needs to be done for tunning. Cheapest And Easiest if possible
- I took a stock set of Sportster mufflers and took a 2 inch hole saw and cut out all of the baffles so they are staight through and put them on my Softtail. I get a lot of compliments on the unique deep sound they give off. By: greybeard77 on: 3-22-2010
- Im with greybeard! I've got an 88 EGC & I put a hole saw through them. Nice deep idle but when you crack the throttle it does get fairly loud.
Not sure how you would deal with the computer part though!
Hatch. By: hatchetman on: 3-23-2010
- So you dropped a huge wad of $$$ on a 2010 Electricglide???? I think I see the problem. Your one of those "I can afford it so I'll buy it and be a biker" types aren't you?
It's an Electra Glide and if you're gonna ride that far up the HD food chain don't try to go cheap. People will laugh and point. By: 99FXDX on: 3-23-2010
- cycle shack makes some nice sounding and affordable slipons. By: Rainman on: 3-25-2010
- Sorry I didn't answer sooner , I ride a 03 Softtail Standard. By: greybeard77 on: 3-29-2010
- Freedom Performance's number is: 1-310-324-0415. By: 47Knuckle-Dragger on: 4-2-2010
- Lets not judge a man by what he bought and what we think we may know about him. He is on two wheels and asking fellow bikers about pipes, period, so help him out. I have had factory, aftermarket and home made. So take your time, ride in front of, beside and behind, you will figure it out from there,gues what you will be enjoying the ride at the same time. Happy hunting. By: windrider on: 4-6-2010
- Depends on what you want as far as mufflers go. Do you want high rpm horse power, or torque? Any open set of pipes even the factory pontoons that are gutted or draag pipes will give you high rpm, you need backpressure for torque, the power that gets you moving on low to mid rpms. Cycle Shack does cheap better than most. Some of the highend stuff is not much better when it comes to plating. All headers will turn blue or gold if your bike is running lean. Free flowing mufflers are not that big of change to your bike, couple them with a free flowing air cleaner and now you have seriouse tuning issue. Factory tuning will run way to lean. By: MarkGoff on: 4-12-2010