Question Posted By: erkman69 on 3-5-2011
Back to Questions
|Make of Bike:
|Model of Bike
|Year of Bike
|Other info on Bike
|What's your question?
||I didn't really know where to ask this, but i was wonderin what, besides lookin cool as hell, what are the advantages/disadvantages of having an open primary? just wonderin...
- the belt moves the doughnuts from the rear of the bike to the front By: grizzly08 on: 3-8-2011
- I ran open belt back in the late 70's on shovelhead, didn't have a bit of trouble for quite a while, now run a drag style with outboard support and is great on twin-cam softail, except for dragging it a time or two leaning it too hard in a corner.... By: Guest on: 3-10-2011
- Good luck doing an open primary on a Sporty! By: Guest on: 3-10-2011
- nastybikes.com 2" $2400
3" $2600 By: grizzly08 on: 3-11-2011
- wouldn't look right on the sport, if that's what you have in mind...some folks used to do it on trumps way back when...from bEEl - terrorista extraordinaire By: Guest on: 3-11-2011
- no, i didn't want to do it on a sporty, i was just wonderin what the advantages were. just curious is all, thanks in advance. By: erkman69 on: 3-12-2011
- it has less rotating mass so in theend it allows you to apply more power to the wheel instead of using it to get all that metal moving and keeping it moving. By: geartwister on: 3-14-2011
- Been running mine nigh on 20yrs(same one),thru 7 motor rebuilds & 13 on tranny rebuilds.It will take some rerouting,lines oil(primary,vent((you want no oil on that belt))),but no prob.You have 2 ways to go,buy a factory service manual(NOT AN AFTER MARKET!!!),& study it.Or find a good wrench at a shop you trust,talk to other customers,to make sure that their work holds up & that they back it up.
By: Guest on: 3-16-2011
- cool factor???? heat is an ememny of belts. By: Guest on: 3-27-2011
- Good job making it aapepr easy. By: Guest on: 1-1-2012