Question Posted By: softailhd89 on 11-14-2011
Back to Questions
|Make of Bike:
|Model of Bike
|Year of Bike
|Other info on Bike
|What's your question?
||PER-FORM OIL COOLER PROBLEM
||Ok here it is I installed a PER-FORM oil cooler started it up oil pressure was way out of line close to 80-100 PSI and oil coming out crankcase breather thought maybe I installed the back valve wrong so I switched it around…still same problem to much oil pressure and oil coming out breather………any thoughts with might be going on with this
- I am not sure which oil cooler you installed, but those are symptoms of some kind of blockage. The oil can't return to the tank. Maybe you can post a part number? By: Guest on: 11-14-2011
- i cut this off there web site.......one thing i was thinking the filters have a bypass built in maybe thats the problem..????
SPIN-ON REPLACEMENT OIL FILTER/COOLER
Filter Cooler mounts directly to any 3/4" x 16" Thread Spin-On filter mount. Provides Oil Cooling (up to 4 % to 7% cooling) with fast economical filter changes for late model HARLEY-DAVIDSON'S with front mount Spin-On filter.
Does fit all Harley Big Twins including fuel-injected and Twin Cam 88B Models.
Features a HIGH EFFICIENCY disposable filter cartridge (Part #OF-0046). The HD-CXS is a polished aluminum finned canister housing, stainless steel nut plate and port nut, necessary seals, 3 replacement filter cartridges. Easily installs with a 1-1/4" socket
By: softailhd89 on: 11-14-2011
- I think if you use a cooler/filter that's made for a TC engine..the filter is too restrictive and will cause what you're experiencing. Evos and TCs use different sized micron oil filters. Check to see which model you bought. By: 47Knuckle-Dragger on: 11-14-2011
- Knuck is right, the filter is for a twin cam model. Twin cams have a georotor oil pump (higher pressure)and use a finer filter (because the oil is filtered before it goes through the motor, not on the return). I had a friend put a twin cam filter on his shovel head and had nothing but problems. By: Guest on: 11-14-2011
- i dont know it say Does fit all Harley Big Twins i'm thinking maybe it's the check valve "bypass" that might be doing it....any thoughts By: Guest on: 11-16-2011
- The bypass will only allow the oil to bypass the filter, if the filter gets clogged. It will not restrict the oil from returning to the tank. By: Guest on: 11-16-2011
- It seems the Per-Form OF-0042 requires assembly as well as installation. I suggest you start from the beginning again paying close attention to the assembly and installation instructions. If you get no joy from that...call Per-Form for support - (800)841-2222
-------> Install Sheet<--- a .pdf file. I also suggest you check this fitment chart to make sure you've got the right filter. ----> Fitment Chart
By: 47Knuckle-Dragger on: 11-16-2011