Question Posted By: OneEye on 10-9-2012
Back to Questions
|Make of Bike:
|Model of Bike
|Year of Bike
|Other info on Bike
|What's your question?
||Does anyone run a Harley LED headlight?
||I'e been looking into an HD LED headlight. Since they cost roughly the price of your arm from the elbow down, I was wondering if anyone has one and what you think of it.
- My brother further up north runs one. He says they are expensive, but it lights up the night to where you see the natural colors and can see the deer better. I saw them on his bike and asked him about them and then he turned em on and in daylight they was bright. I would like to go with him out night riding and see for sure, myself, but he is 70 years old and says he can ride at night now due to seeing better. He is a miser so for him to spend the money it had to be the shit. Hope my input helps, and if I see catch him in the dark sometime I wanna see how much they light up as well. He is on a FLHT Ultra trike. Oooh and he said they draw half the power or more off of his battery. I do know they use less amps to run. By: Newf on: 10-9-2012
- I have installed a dozen of them and my customers love them. There are aftermarket companies selling ones that cost less, if you don't want to go Harley. By: Guest on: 10-9-2012
- Hey Guest, do have any recommendations for the aftermarket ones and is there a significant difference in quality? By: OneEye on: 10-9-2012
- I have one customer who found one online. We installed it, and he is happy with it. I think this is the one he used:
http://www.motosport.com/cruiser/product/?psreferrer=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com%252Faclk%253Fsa%253Dl%2526ai%253DCAXde1Il1UJKzC8-h6QHG6oHoCunlruwCsfzB8C25lYW2iQEIBhADKARQ0emsiwZgyba3i8Ck2A-gAZGitP0DyAEHqgQpT9Bmw0CMgEcsa-4p_vFvyf7wj-5bL-bhyFBulC5SJdGcBAtIgRryEKHABQWgBiY%2526sig%253DAOD64_0xIUrbOvpShkpScw1qrhntu7wHfA%2526ctype%253D5%2526ved%253D0CJoBEPQO%2526adurl%253Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.rkdms.com%252Fredirect%25253Fc%252526adtype%25253Dpla%252526goopid%25253D36888988345%252526d%25253D261919243%252526en%25253D27%252526cl%25253D500%252526u%25253Dhttp%2525253A%2525252F%2525252Fwww.motosport.com%2525252Fad%2525252F%2525253Fcode%2525253DSP-RKG-C-PRODUCT%25252526key%2525253DTRUCKLITE-7-ROUND-LED-HEADLIGHT%25252526utm_medium%2525253Dcpc%252526kw%25253D%25257Bkeyword%25257D%2526rct%253Dj%2526q%253Dled%252520headlamps%252520for%252520motorcycles&key=TRUCKLITE-7-ROUND-LED-HEADLIGHT&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CIPNrfvX9rICFQqk4AodGTAAug&segment=badger By: Guest on: 10-10-2012
- Sorry about that crazy link. That's the website. By: Guest on: 10-10-2012
- Guest, thanks for the info, but that site didn't have HD parts, unless I missed them. Does he ride metric or HD and is it possible that you fabbed it up to fit? Thanks By: OneEye on: 10-10-2012
- 7 inch headlamp. Car, bike or truck, all the same. By: Guest on: 10-11-2012
- sorry, softail has a 5 3/4 headlamp. Just look for that. By: Guest on: 10-11-2012
- By: Guest on: 10-30-2012
- Truck lite makes them for HD. & the miltery & now for trucks w/ the 7 in lite & also smaller ones for cars with duel headlines these are a lot cheaper then what HD sells them for & look & work better. By: Guest on: 10-30-2012