Question Posted By: ringo on 3-1-2007
Back to Questions
|Make of Bike:
|Model of Bike
|Year of Bike
|Other info on Bike
|What's your question?
||i am thinking on buying a newer ride
||what is the opinion of the readers, is the new FLHTCI, classic a good ride, I keep my bikes a very long time and reliable is very important to me.
- ringo, there was a guy on here with an ultra complaining about they way it ran and getting nowhere with the motor co, also somewhere about a prob with cam tensioners giving out at 20000 . plus a $1500 conversion to get it running better. thats after you had bought it. the more i read about the more i think i will stick with evo a while longer By: biggles on: 3-2-2007
- ringo, i just spotted about the ultra on tech tips By: biggles on: 3-2-2007
- well being the owner of a 2007 flhtcui
one the bikes run HOT. Ity seems in order for the factory to make the EPA rating they leaned the bike way out in the lower rpm ranges. I mean to hot to sit on on an 85 degree day stuck in minimal traffic, so the first thing ya get to buy is the crotch shield only fifty bucks. It really does not do much.
So then the next thing is the eagle tuner and breather as well as pipes, So I have heard. Did not do this yet. Been winter so no need, in fact enjoy the hotter running bike to be honest.
The other solution has been go after market on new brain and pipes and breather. All of which void your warrenty.
I guess I could wear leather pants, neever have owned a pair, though.
The heat is bad enough for a first degree burn and a spot of second degree, bitty blister but it is on the inside of your left thigh. I already limp so this does nothing for my swagger, when out posing. lol, Uh whats wrong ya walking funny? Crotch burns from my new fucking dresser. uh, not cool.
I also have already replaced my stater but that fell under shit happens as far as I am concerned.
The transmission seems to still make a hell of alot of noise, but then it has not broken yet so all good.
Rear tire went almost 10 thousand miles of which I was reall happy about.
The bike seems to be a good bike except for the heat thing. By: Mark_Goff on: 3-3-2007
- jeez mark, would,nt it be better to covert to carb, may lessen the heat . i think it costs $140 plis 3 hours work, it may be the cheaper option. as 2 desperadoes article. inj to carb. By: biggles on: 3-3-2007
- I have had both carb and fuel injected. Both are good if the map is right, Harley has come out with a new map, planning on hving it installed next week. Besides I hve a 7 year warrenty. Carbs are great if ya don't travel much, but to be honest one week I may be at sea level the next week at 5 thousand feet plus with having to rejet the carb etc. I think Harley can get it worked out. The factory mapped a deliberate miss at idle for the old potato sound. who gives a fuck about that. I like my motors to run smooth anyways. By: Mark_Goff on: 3-3-2007
- there is a guy somewhere on this site bustin a gut about buying a brand new i think ultra, it is running red hot and what sounds like pinking[ pre ignition] he took it back to the dealers ,they said its ok as it should be but if you pay out $1500 we can sort it. he is mad as hell because he says [ and i make him right] why should he have to pay that on a brand new bike . i think he paid $24000 for it. By: biggles on: 3-4-2007